In this season of Thanksgiving, it is good to take time to realize the blessings we take for granted and be thankful. I recognize that others may not feel and express their gratitude as I do. I know there are those in this world who will say, that they only have themselves and maybe a few others like their older family members to thank. While I thank the Lord daily, my special thanks during this holiday season goes to Him through his Son, Jesus Christ, my Savior.
The following is a post from my former blog and is almost 4 years old. It was passed on to me. I do not know the original source of this Blessing gem:
- If you woke up this morning with more health than illness…you are more blessed than the million who will not survive this week.
- If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation…you are ahead of 500 million people in the world.
- If you have food in the refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof overhead and a place to sleep…you are richer than 75% of this world.
- If you have money in the bank, in your wallet and spare change in a dish someplace…you are among the top 8% of the world’s wealthy.
- If your parents are still alive and still married…you are very rare, even in the United States.
- If you hold up your head with a smile on your face and are truly thankful…you are blessed because the majority can, but most do not
- If you can hold someone’s hand, hug him or her or even touch them on the shoulder…you are blessed because you can offer God’s healing touch.
- If you can read this message, you just received a double blessing in that someone was thinking of you, and furthermore, you are more blessed than over two billion people in the world that cannot read at all.
Have a Great Day and Count Your Blessings